Dr. Zein Obagi literally defined and authored the science of Skin Health. As a leading authority in cosmetic dermatology, he created Skin Health Restoration and Skin Conditioning, the standards by which skin conditions can be successfully treated regardless of skin color or age. His name has become synonymous with results-oriented skin treatments around the world.
A highly experienced clinician, educator and innovator, Dr. Zein Obagi is continually advancing the protocols and treatments for skin health in cosmetic dermatology. His practice utilizes today’s most innovative and effective clinical solutions to create and maintain healthy skin for everyone.
Comprehensive and Continuous Solutions
Three decades ago, when dermatology was concerned with treating just a single aspect of diseased skin, Dr. Zein Obagi pioneered the then-revolutionary concept of improving and maintaining overall skin health.
Today, through ZO Skin Health, Inc., Dr. Zein Obagi has developed a complete full circle approach that encompasses comprehensive solutions designed to work hand-in-hand – ZO® Medical, therapeutic products for physician-guided treatment, and ZO® Skin Health, products for daily and preventative care.
Dr. Zein Obagi’s goal is to educate consumers on the proper use of products in order to benefit the skin, and offer ethical advice on the best course of treatment.
A History of Innovation
- Dr. Zein Obagi has achieved international renown as a leading authority on skin rejuvenation.
- He created the science of Skin Health by developing a series of definitive prevention and maintenance programs that revolutionized skin restoration treatments and contributed to the fundamental understanding of skin health.
- He invented the original Obagi Nu-Derm® system and the world famous Obagi Blue Peel® kit - the most widely recognized physician-dispense skin care product line in the world.
- He founded ZO Skin Health, Inc., which is focused on developing the most advanced and effective bioengineered comprehensive skin health solutions.
- He created ZO® Medical products and protocols optimized for physicians to treat a range of skin disorders and chronic conditions, and ZO® Skin Health to provide effective daily skincare and protection from the environment.
- Completed his dermatology residency while serving in the United States Navy.
- Began practice in 1981. Since 2006, the Obagi Skin Health Institute has been located in the prestigious “Golden Triangle“ of Beverly Hills, home of the world’s most demanding skin care consumers.
- Conducts lectures and training programs for thousands of physicians in over 20 countries.
- Published author of skin health textbooks and clinical studies.
- Trains and proctors physicians from around the globe.